Eight Reasons to Start a Blog
- Knowledge sharing and knowledge management
- Interactive journalism
- Community building
Would you like to Start a Blog? Here are a few tips and tricks...
- Write according to your audience. Who do you want to read your posts? Parents? Students? Other Teachers?
- Share strategies and suggestions that people can use. Give takeaways. Showcase what you know and experience. The point of a blog is so other people can learn from you. This creates a bond between you and your audience and entices people to read your posts.
- Be consistent in your updates and give it time. This is a personal, professional journal, and it should be updated at least once a week. Think of it as a long-term commitment.
- Be authentic with your audience. Honestly, share your experiences both challenging and rewarding. Give suggestions.
- Have catchy headlines for each post. Think about would it be worth referencing or citing.
- Keep them short.
- Market your blogs! Tweet, Facebook, or email the link of each post to entice people to read your posts.